My client has been operating independently since 1987, they produce a wide variety of printed label and tag products for many well-known companies. They are now looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their print department and to be apart of their growing team as a print apprentice.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2022
£15,000 - £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn and understand the print process through a mix of practical experience and formal learning.
- To gain a detailed insight into each process, each machine and the principle of flexographic printing.
- To assist the print team with machine set ups, material preparation and waste clearance.
- To record and keep a detailed journal of all activities.
- To learn and understand the pre-press process, including mounting printing plates, ink mixing, colour management, works order preparation and recording of ink use.
- To undertake H&S and manual handling tasks.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 print operator trained by BPIF
Option to take Level 3 at a later date
The successful candidate will undertake formal education by the BPIF guidance to achieve a recognised educational award.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position upon successful completion of Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)