Engineering Operative Apprentice J B ENGINEERING (HATTON) LTD
To provide support to Operations Director in completing customer orders. To contribute to the efficient running of J B Engineering (Hatton) Ltd laser department. To operate our Amada press brake & laser machine and prepare customer orders.
Closing date: 11 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
12 Aug 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To operate and control JB Engineering’s Amada press brake and laser machine.
- To produce precision bent parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- To carry out inspection of bent and laser parts to the required specification.
- Process is semi-repetitive utilizing machinery, tooling, and fixtures for set up, and requiring some minor troubleshooting and adjustment to complete assigned tasks.
- To maintain safe operation by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- To maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- To control ‘goods inwards’ i.e., materials and supplies for the laser department.
- To control ‘goods outwards’ i.e., bent items due for delivery.
- To load and unload lorries/vans using a forklift truck.
- To communicate effectively with customers and team.
- To carry out House-Keeping tasks, such as keeping the area around the Press brake tidy.
- To carry out Stock-Control duties, such as keeping stock in order.
- Reports to Nathan Laban (Operations Director). Laser Department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative L2
- One day at DCG and the rest of the time at the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Pressbrake or Laser Operative
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)