Bench Joinery (Architectural Joinery) Apprentice AWLWOOD JOINERY (NORTH DEVON) LTD
Awlwood Joinery are looking for a new joinery apprentice to join our expanding joinery workshop. We offer an excellent working environment, collaborating with a great team of highly skilled and experienced joiners - working on a range of new, diverse, and exciting projects.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2022
£9,754.68 to £19,266.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working Hours - Mon-Thur 8am to 4.30pm, Fri 8am to 3.3pm.
- Bench Joinery Duties - This role will include manufacturing, assembling and finishing joinery to a high standard.
- To Assist Other Joiners - Setting out, machining and pre-assembly preparations.
- To Assist Machinist – Preparing timber to detailed cutting list, learning skills for timber selection and grading.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To gain a qualification in bench joinery at level 2 after 2 years.
- Working in the workshop 4 days a week, with 1 day at Petroc college.
- After Level 2 has been successfully obtained - a furthers years training at level 3 will be offered.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a fully qualified level 2 bench joiner - after gaining more experience and further training (level 3 Architectural Joinery) the next role progression will be working towards workshop manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.