Early Years Apprenticeship - Level 3 WHIZ KIDS IBSTOCK LTD
You will learn how to support children’s healthy lifestyles through food, nutrition and exercise. You will assist with the transition from nursery to school working on children's communication, literacy and numeracy skills. You will be proactive in the process of activity planning and observe children's activities.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To understand and to respect the need for consistency of care for the children - report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are always maintained. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of the company’s operational policies and procedures and the employee handbook; ensuring that they are always followed and respected.
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by your room leader, deputy and manager.
- To follow all routines, duties, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duties as requested by your room leader, deputy or manager.
- To show respect to your room leader, deputy and manager at all times.
- To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your room leader, deputy and manager as appropriate.
- To be involved in developing and delivering a stimulating and creative atmosphere within the group.
- To provide staff cover within the nursery group periodically, as requested by their management team.
To attend all mandatory training sessions and workshops as advised by your manager.
- To attend staff meetings, professional development training and any other events as requested by your nursery manager.
- To carry out any other reasonable additional duties as requested by your room leader, deputy or manager from time to time.
- To take responsibility for continued professional development by attending courses, receiving constructive feedback and reading relevant material.
- To stick to the coursework deadlines given by tutor.
- To maintain health and safety procedures at all times.
- To be fully up to date with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure your practice meets and aims to exceed requirements.
- To show respect to all staff members, children and the general public in the setting.
- Maintain Confidentiality about all issues relating to children and the families and your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE CACHE (Level 3) Award in Paediatric First Aid 60307523
- Transferrable Skills as required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to be a fully qualified Early Years Educator. With experience and good skills progression to Room Leader or Management Positions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
About the employer
INSPIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.