Apprentice Installation Electrician TOTAL ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL SOLUTIONS LTD
We are searching for 2 reliable Apprentices to join our growing team. You will be teamed with one of our experienced & qualified electricians whilst training, to work under their supervision as an electrician’s mate assisting with all aspects of Electrical install work at various sites nationwide.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Starting at £4.81 per hour – to be reviewed after 3 months.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working indoors and outdoors and sometimes working at height
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Reading drawings as well as wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Writing reports
- Inspecting and testing electrical installations and diagnosing and rectifying faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Keeping tools and work area clean and tidy
- Making sure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything you do
- Terminating armoured and non-armoured Cables
- Assist with statutory testing
- Undertaking any other duties and responsibilities as required
- Dealing with commercial and industrial electrics where required
Our work is nationwide so travel time can mean long days, early starts or on occasion staying out overnight. Our goal is to nurture and grow our Apprentices into our next generation of Electrical Engineers working independently out in the field. Due to working time directive constraints this role would only be suitable for those Apprentices aged 18 and over. Full driving licence desirable but not essential.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
● Installation Electrician / Maintenance Electrician Level 3
● Functional skills Maths and English upto Level 2 (if required)
This apprenticeship incorporates day release at our Cannock or block release at our Tamworth Campus.
This is a four year course that requires focus and dedication.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity for a full time Electrical Engineer role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TOTAL ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL SOLUTIONS LTD
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
0300 456 2424
Installation electrician and maintenance electrician
Level 3 (A level)