Engineering Apprentice KINNERTON (CONFECTIONERY) CO. LIMITED
The engineering apprentice role is to assist the shift maintenance engineers with breakdowns, planned maintenance, documenting all supervised works for their portfolio. To carry out projects as instructed and to the apprentice plan. To carry out all works within their guidelines of competence and adhering to health and safety policy at all times.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2022
The starting salary based on accredited prior learning and will increase per year.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure all engineering work is completed to the agreed Kinnerton standards
- Ensure that the right first time approach is the key principle throughout all work undertaken within the role.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business priorities are met by building strong working relationships with Production, Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams.
- Contribute to continuous improvement as required.
- Follow good manufacturing practice at all times ensuring standards are maintained and improved.
- Ensure that housekeeping and clean as you go policy in all engineering areas is always at the highest standard and adhered to.
- All maintenance work to be completed to the highest standard with the emphasis on a lasting solution.
- To ensure time and attendance remains within company policy
- To never undertake works outside their given competency level and to escalate if they are being asked to complete something outside their competency level.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will work towards the Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering technician standard. There are 2 pathways to choose from, Mechanical and Electrical.
The apprentice will learn, work, earn and achieve a qualification all at the same time.
To achieve the apprenticeship they will complete the following:
An industry designed and recognised apprenticeship
End Point Assessment (Knowledge Test, Practical Observation and Technical Interview)
The apprentice will work towards the following Functional Skills:
Mathematics up to Level 2
English up to Level 2
Learners who have already achieved GCSEs (A-C or equivalent) in Maths and English may be exempt from Functional Skills.
The apprenticeship is mainly work based, with one day per week in Selby college. The apprentice may also be required to attend College for functional skills if needed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Kinnerton Confectionery is committed to ensuring that all employees, at every level, have access to opportunities to develop their skills, knowledge and abilities within their given roles, and are given the help and support they need to ensure that they can capitalise on opportunities to grow with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF YORKSHIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.