Hair Razors is recruiting a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Swinton, Manchester. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing and become a fully qualified stylist in a vibrant and successful salon.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Greeting clients
- Assisting stylists on the salon floor
- Making refreshments
- Off the job training from the salon
- Keeping the store presentable and tidy
- Rinsing colour and applying treatments
- Booking appointments
- Client consultation
- Building a client base
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification to be achieved:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing/Barbering).
- Functional Skills in English to level 1/Level 2 where appropriate and applicable.
- Functional Skills in mathematics to level 1/Level 2 where appropriate and applicable.
- Delivered in our state-of-the-art academy based in Manchester city centre one day per week, alongside in-salon training supported by a dedicated trainer/workplace mentor.
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp.
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks.
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques.
- With optional units in hair extensions, hair relaxing and perming hair.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression onto further apprenticeship study - Advanced and Creative Hair Professional (Level 3).
- Develop a column of clients in a professional hair salon, increasing earnings potential.
- Promotion to Senior Stylist/Director Stylist level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EVOLVE ACADEMY LTD
0161 820 2015
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.