Apprentice Care & Support Worker SAFE & SOUND HOMECARE SERVICES (STREET) LTD
We are a small domiciliary agency providing care & support services in the area of Street, Glastonbury and outlying villages, looking for an Apprentice to join our service. We are offering you the opportunity to earn while you learn within a small, friendly and supportive team.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2022
Enhanced rates are paid for weekends and bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be monitoring and mentoring care staff in meeting the personal care needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence, along with ensuring that the safety and the quality of the service is always upheld.
- You will be supporting people in their own homes to promote their independence, maintain their safety and to ensure that they are safeguarded from harm.
- You will liaise with external agencies to meet the needs of customers, making certain that their care plan and risk assessments reflect any changes.
This is a varied and meaningful role, allowing you the opportunity to build good working relationships with both the customers you are supporting and the staff you are mentoring.
- The role will be working at various addresses in the Street & Glastonbury area.
- The applicant will need to have a driving licence and Business insurance on their car to carry out this role.
- This is a lone working role, but support is always available.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship - Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be the opportunity to apply for a position within the organisation, or to gain a higher qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Health & Social Care (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.