Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard Apprenticeship West Coast Martial Arts
As a part of the west coast martial arts coaching team, you’ll be a part of team, who make a positive impact into our local community. You’ll grow your martial arts and coaching skills and use this knowledge to support the training of students within our academy.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will be supporting children aged 4-12 years old, plus teen’s and adults in learning martial arts.
- This will include preparing the studio for classes, cleaning and equipment setup for each class.
- Supporting the planning, delivery & evaluation of martial arts classes.
- Supporting the coaching and development of our junior leadership team, these are class helpers aged between 8 to 12 years old.
- Liaising with parents, to provide progress updates on their children's skill development.
- Helping customers resolve their training queries.
- Supporting our social media channels. With creating contents and responding to customer enquiries.
- Providing retail support to members needing to purchase new training equipment for their classes.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This role will revolve around gym opening times. This will include morning, day time and evening sessions. The rota can be discussed at the interview stage.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role is varied and will give great insight into the various combat and martial arts disciplines. Full time coach within the academy would also be possible.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)