Learning Assistant Apprentice (Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship) Castledon Primary School
To work in partnership with class teachers to assist pupils with moderate needs and to support their learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures. You will have the opportunity to earn a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2022
£5.51 per hour
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
29 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff and provide support to pupils with moderate learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory, or physical difficulties.
Your duties will include:
- Interact with, and support pupils, according to individual needs and skills
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
- Establish positive relationships with pupils supported
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Support pupils with activities which support literacy and numeracy skills
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- To attend to pupils’ personal needs including help with social, welfare, care and health matters
- Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
- Assist with the development and implementation of IEPs
- Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved easily to the attention of the teacher
- Assist the teacher and other staff in the implementation of care programmes
- To support learning by selecting appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
- To assist with the preparation, maintenance, and control of stocks of materials and resources
- Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
- To assist with the display and presentation of pupils’ work
- To supervise pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the postholder should facilitate games and activities
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- To take part during activities e.g. swimming, PE
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma for the Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Functional Skills (as required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
May lead to permanent role after successful completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Learning support/Early Years (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.