Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship ANGELS BY DAY CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
The position of Apprentice Nursery Practitioner reflects a desire to work in the field of childcare. An Apprentice Nursery Practitioner may be working towards a professional qualification or have some degree of experience with children. The willingness to train, both formally and informally is essential for this position.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an important supportive position in the team and as such there are a number of responsibilities as detailed below:
- To ensure the safety, well being and happiness of the children in your care in your group.
- Smooth day to day running, in conjunction with senior staff, of a specific room or area.
- Curriculum planning, in conjunction with senior staff for that room.
- Thorough and accurate completion of “Blossom” on a day to day basis to complete daily reports and communicate with families
- Parent liaison for specific children in accordance with the key worker system implemented at Angels by day.
- To provide support for your senior colleagues.
- To promote and abide by the philosophy of Angels by Day re. Child Care, Parental Support and Montessori Ethos.
- To ensure the cleanliness and suitability of toys and equipment in your room.
- To ensure the cleanliness of the room itself.
It is important that in your capacity of Apprentice Nursery Nurse that you are willing to build your knowledge of childcare and development.
A senior member of the team will be assigned to monitor your progress ensuring that you are allowed to maximise your potential.
You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as may reasonably be required.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above we expect you at all times to act in a trustworthy and correct manner in your professional capacity working for Angels by Day. All eventualities cannot be covered in a job description and therefore we ask that you seek further guidance and apply “common sense” where applicable.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills if required
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.