IT Apprentice (Rickmansworth School) Rickmansworth School
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Rickmansworth School based in Croxley Green, Hertfordshire.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting members of the school community via email, telephone and walk-up.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for all IT assets, including computers, systems, software, cameras and classroom AV.
- Proactively completing technical support tickets via the relevant system and escalating them when required.
- Ensuring client satisfaction.
- Completing AV setups for presentations and meetings as requested.
- Logging all technical faults via the appropriate methods.
- Performing frequent checks on antivirus and e-safety platforms, escalating issues to the relevant people.
- Maintaining all IT assets, including computers, software and classroom AV.
- Installing new equipment and software.
- Managing and ordering stock of consumables, including cables, printer inks and projector lamps.
- Complying with health and safety requirements.
- Undertaking available training opportunities and demonstrating a commitment to continuous development.
- Completing tasks as may reasonably be required by the IT Systems or Network Manager.
- Ensuring correct protocol is followed at all times and contributing to the improvement of existing procedures.
- Demonstrating a flexible approach to work and prioritising tasks to support the needs of the School.
- Working approximately three evenings or weekends per year to facilitate out-of-hours maintenance and event requirements. Time off in lieu will be provided.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
- Level 3 national certificate.
- Functional Skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.