Apprentice Plumbing & Heating Technician Clever Energy Boilers
Clever Energy Boilers are looking to recruit an apprentice Plumbing & Heating Technician to support the delivery of our installations and maintenance services.. You will learn how to carry out boiler and ASHP installations, annual servicing and gas repairs on a wide range of domestic gas boilers within our customers’ homes.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
20 Aug 2022
26 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working under the direction and guidance of an experienced Team Leader, support the delivery of our installations and maintenance services whilst working towards an apprenticeship in Plumbing & Heating. You will learn how to carry out boiler and ASHP installations, annual servicing and gas repairs on a wide range of domestic gas boilers within our customers’ homes.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To assist trained engineers on day-to-day activities installing domestic heating systems, boilers, ASHP, maintenance, repairs and commissioning.
2. Use authorised plant and power tools and other equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
3. Carry out basic trade instructions, read and interpret drawings and technical surveys.
4. Work effectively as part of a team and with other trades within the Clever Energy Group.
5. To accurately complete accountable documents, update IT systems and CRM’s.
6. Undertake Health and Safety and other training as required.
8. Communicate with team members and customer to deliver effective installations.
9. Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
10. Attend day release at collage as and when required.
11. Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the team.
12. Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
13. Follow the CEB Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment where necessary.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Plumbing & Domestic Heating Technician apprenticeship standard to be completed both in the work place and day release at Bradford College (Trinity Green Campus). You will be observed by your tutor in the workplace and learn theory and practical skills at college. You will attend college every Wednesday. You will also be required to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths & English if you do not already hold an A-C or 9-4 GCSE grade or equivalent.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of this apprenticeship you will be a qualified Plumbing & Domestic Heating Technician.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A-C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Plumbing and domestic heating technician
Level 3 (A level)