Engineering Apprentice (CNC Programmer and Machinist) ALKEN SYSTEMS LIMTED
Also known as CNC operators or CNC machine operators, CNC machinists use computer software programs to create operating instructions for computer numerical controlled precision machinery such as presses, drills and lathes. Within this role you will learn to program and machine jobs from start to finish with a high level of accuracy.
Closing date: 10 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
26 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning to set and operate CNC Lathes and CNC milling machines
- Setting up tools and loading materials onto CNC Machines
- Operating the machine to an acceptable production target whist maintaining a high standard of quality
- Ensuring first off checks are signed off and final quality checks are carried out and recorded
- Reading and understanding of engineering drawings
- Learning how to use measuring equipment with precision and accuracy
- Machine daily checks
- Working with the supervisors to implement the company's policies and business objectives
- Making a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, and tidy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Qualification
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organization EAL; GLH 750, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C+) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.