Engineering Technician Apprentice GEA MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT UK LIMITED
We seek a dynamic engineer with an outgoing personality to become an internal technical sales engineer and product specialist. This business unit offers several key process technologies for the many liquid process industries.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
4% bonus – globally aligned scheme Private medical insurance Group income protection Death in service benefit Pension scheme – company contribution up to 5% when employee contributes 4%
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Aug 2022
27 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Intensive theoretical product training both on and off site e.g., at factories or installed locations
· Practical training, in house and on site
· Technical selection training – engineering tools etc.
· Process training (general processes and the application of our equipment)
· Fluid dynamics training applicable to our technologies and processes
· P&ID training – what they are, how to read and develop
· Support technical sales team with customer technical and commercial proposals
· Support the sales managers with sales and technical support
· Specific product training objectives e.g., create a presentation and deliver to our team or a customer
· Basic electrical knowledge including field bus systems
· Basic automation training. Understanding the application of our technologies and how automation is integral to its operation
· Health and Safety knowledge both in the office and when working on site
· Understanding the portfolio
· Maintaining a structured and logical approach to working with good housekeeping practices for paperwork / mails etc.
· Understanding GEA’s sales software tools (e.g. SAP, CRM etc).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
LEVEL 3 ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (TECHNICAL SUPPORT) APPRENTICESHIP - https://wvr.ac.uk/study/level-3-engineering-technician-technical-support-apprenticeship-2
Day release will be at Warrington & Vale Royal College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
External sales manager
Internal sales department manager
Service sales engineer or manager
Around our organisation, there are many other roles which could be of interest years down the line.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
GEA MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT UK LIMITED
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.