Business Administration Apprenticeship SPRINGFIELD MEDICAL CENTRE
A real people person who enjoys interacting with the public and can go above and beyond to help, someone who enjoys something different and challenging every day. Duties will include Reception, meeting and greeting patients, dealing with patient queries, booking appointments. Processing prescriptions. General Admin to support the Practice.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Posters and Displays of Public Health Information
- Assist with maintenance of the practice website
- Other adhoc duties as assigned
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
1 day, day relaease into Warrington and Vale Royal College for a 12 week block at either the Warrington or Winsford campus to study towards your Business Administration Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship within the NHS can open up so many doors to the successful candidate both in Primary Care (GP Practice) or Secondary Care (Hospitals) and can give a taster of what it is like to work within the NHS which can shape future career progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SPRINGFIELD MEDICAL CENTRE
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Pamela H Clegg
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.