Trainee Business and Marketing Administrator (Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship Standard) G J BECKETT & ASSOCIATES LIMITED
As an important Member of the Beckett's team you will gain a broad understanding of and hands on experience of all aspects of the business including marketing, social media, sales, finance, project management, maintenance, customer handling and quality standards.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
31 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working as part of the Beckett Voice and Data Team, your duties as the Trainee Business and Marketing Administrator will include:
- Assisting with marketing activity including researching and writing of blogs, uploading to Social Media platforms and website.
- Assisting with researching potential customers and making initial contact via email, letter and phone.
- Working closely with the Sales Team to ensure incoming orders are processed in a timely fashion.
- Working with the Finance Manager to assist in generating finance reports.
20% of your time will be given to your Apprenticeship and you will have a Personal Mentor from the company who will support you. You will also have a Development Coach from Newbury College who will monitor your progress and will meet with you regularly for reviews as well as visit you in the workplace.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On the job training will be provided as well as the opportunity to gain software specific experience on the multiple platforms used by the business. You will have the benefit of a Personal Mentor from within the company in addition to the support provided by Newbury College.
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Training covered by the Apprenticeship Standard includes:
- Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data.
Record and document production:
- Produces accurate records and documents including: emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals. Makes recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management. Drafts correspondence, writes reports and able to review others' work.
- Exercises proactivity and good judgement. Makes effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way. Seeks advice of more experienced team members when appropriate.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation. Demonstrates ability to influence and challenge appropriately.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms. Uses the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively. Demonstrates agility and confidence in communications, carrying authority appropriately. Understands and applies social media solutions appropriately.
- Completes tasks to a high standard. Demonstrates the necessary level of expertise required to complete tasks and applies themself to continuously improve their work. Is able to review processes autonomously and make suggestions for improvements. Shares administrative best-practice across the organisation.
Planning and organisation:
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines. Positively manages the expectations of colleagues at all levels and sets a positive example for others in the workplace.
- Uses relevant project management principles and tools to scope, plan, monitor and report. Plans required resources to successfully deliver projects. Undertakes and leads projects as and when required.
Your Apprenticeship will be based solely in the workplace, you will have a Development Coach who will monitor your progress and support you throughout your Apprenticeship.
At the end of your Apprenticeship you will have completed the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard and will be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA). Your Development Coach will support you with preparing for your EPA.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Due to the wide range of experience which will be gained, there is great potential for the right candidate to fit into a permanent role which suits their personal values, skills and personality. Further opportunities for advancement beyond this will be available to those who bring true extra value to the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or higher) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)