We are looking for an apprentice to join our team to assist with smooth running of Town Council business across all departments. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and develop in all departments (admin, projects, estates and finance).
Closing date: 11 Aug 2022
£7,503.60 to £14,820.00
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
25 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Assist staff in all matters pertinent to the smooth running of Town Council business across all departments.;
· Carry out a wide variety of customer service tasks such receptions duties (greeting visitors, assisting with queries, answering telephone), responding to electronic mail, engaging with customers via social media ;
Assist in café serving customers and helping facilitate the weekly senior coffee morning and cinema event;
· Process basic financial information to include ordering goods and handling money;
· Assist in the preparation of agendas and minutes and supporting meeting administration;
· Developing and maintaining records; maintaining filing systems and venue specific systems, using a variety of software packages and paper systems, updating information as required;
· To assist with various projects, eg ;events/civic events and promotions where required and to attend events to engage and assist our customers;
· To assist in maintaining the Town Council website and social media accounts where required;
· Carry out any other duties that may be required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards Level 2 Customer Service
Qualification will include:
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer experience awareness
• “Right first time” customer handling
• Organisation Product/service knowledge
• Presentation skills
• File structure, hygiene, security, storage,
archive and retrieval
• Document and record production
• Organisation legal and regulatory requirements
• Planning and organisation
You will attend the Filton Campus of SGS College to complete the Diploma element of the apprenticeship. You will be supported by your tutor with one to one visits, as well as a mix of blended learning to achieve your apprenticeship.
College attendance for the delivery of the Diploma is mandatory for all apprentices and will be approx 10 half day sessions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be supported with progression on completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)