Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Maritime Academy Trust
We are looking for passionate individuals who have an interest in childcare and are looking to begin their career in a school setting. Early Years practitioners, and other job roles such as nursery nurse, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
26 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
● To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
● To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage
curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
● To understand and work to school and nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents and emergencies.
● To undertake activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
● To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments.
● To work as part of the Early Years Foundation Stage team to deliver the best offer for each child in the nursery.
● To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The candidate will work toward completing a Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification that includes Pediatric first aid.
- All training will be delivered remotely by LMP Education.
- The employer will give you time out of your working week to focus on your qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time role considered on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)