As an LGV apprentice, you will undertake a 16-month programme which will take you through both your Class 2 and Class 1 HGV Licences. The programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to become a qualified and professional HGV Driver.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
**see additional salary info in main job detail**
Total hours per week: 45
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
01 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apprenticeship Programme Overview
You will start your programme by working as a Driver’s mate, gaining valuable insight into the role of a Driver. You will then spend time in other key departments such as Customer Services and Warehouse, learning more about our business as a whole, our customers and our products. Alongside all of this, you will spend approx. ½ day each week completing course-work for your apprenticeship (this may include online learning, attending workshops, or receiving coaching from your apprenticeship tutor).
As part of the apprenticeship programme you will:
• Demonstrate dedication and commitment towards achieving the qualifications, adhering to the time frames given to study and balance workloads.
• Carry out all duties similar to HGV Drivers, learning safe working systems and company standards.
• Deliver a high standard of customer service to our customers.
• Ensure working practices are safe and follow company best practice standards.
• Ensure the safe loading and transportation of all goods.
• Ensure that good health and safety standards are maintained.
• Learn and become proficient in Working Time Directive and all associated HGV driving compliance standards including tachograph management, walk round checks, VOR processes.
• Adhere to all standards dictated by the Driver Handbook.
Your apprenticeship programme will be fully funded by Headlam. This includes all costs associated with your training, including medicals, driving tests, and licences.
**Apprentices will be offered a generous starting salary of £23,000. Most apprentices are ready to take their Class 2 driving test 3-6 months after joining the programme and once this test is passed, you will begin to drive your own vehicle whilst continuing to train for your Class 1 test. At this point, in recognition of your achievement, your salary will be increased to £25,000. Once your apprenticeship is completed, you will become a certified Class 2 Driver, where your salary will be adjusted to the regional salary banding. Considering that you will also have gained a Class 1 licence as part of your apprenticeship, you will also be ideally placed to progress to the role of Class 1 Driver should a position become available**
**ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD AND HOLD A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE**
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification - Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver C + E, Level 2
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs. This will consist of:
• A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and Skills.
• An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression.
• In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and Mathematics.
• On the job training delivered by the employer
• Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
o Regular training
o Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop.
o Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
o Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps.
• Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress.
• A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme
• Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship – this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment
• End point assessment – this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
o Professional discussion
o Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
o Multi-choice knowledge test
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Considering that you will also have gained a Class 1 licence as part of your apprenticeship, you will also be ideally placed to progress to the role of Class 1 Driver should a position become available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
Large goods vehicle (LGV) driver C + E
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.