Working in the Clerkenwell branch of the Newpark Montessori Nurseries, this apprenticeship offers you the chance to gain a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator through work-based learning. Your role will involve interacting with children, maintaining the nursery space and communicating with parents and visitors.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
£9,004.32 to £17,784.00
London Living Wage upon completion of the course if permanent employment offered. Up to London Living Wage depending on qualification and experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
25 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Early Years Apprenticeships offer you the chance to gain a nationally recognised qualification that will help you enjoy a rewarding, worthwhile and fun career in childcare. Develop your knowledge and skills on and off the job, giving you the chance to earn and learn at the same time.
- To assist in undertaking all base room activities alongside studying a relevant and recognised early years qualification.
- To follow and assist with all daily routines whilst under the constant supervision and guidance of your mentor and/ or qualified practitioners.
- To be aware of the needs of children at-all-times, acts professionally and within the following Job Descriptions expectations.
Early Years - your role will involve:
- Interacting with children, using appropriate language and open body language.
- Providing a friendly, caring, and relaxing environment in-order to encourage confidence, independence and help children to learn.
- Assisting in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy nursery, ensures daily routines are adhered to.
- Assisting in the completion of key person children’s development records where required.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children. Reporting any concerns about children to the room leader, mentor or Safeguarding Officer.
- Ensuring that operational procedures are fully understood and consistently followed.
- Communicating effectively with parents and visitors where appropriate.
- Appropriately consoling children if they become upset, applying appropriate positive behaviour intervention techniques.
- Actively contributing as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities.
- Studying a recognised early years qualification within one of the Bright Little Stars authorised apprenticeship paths and is wholly committed to the training programme.
- Being mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Acting professionally, follows all employee guidance as set out in the Trainee Apprenticeship Handbook.
- Attending training courses to further personal development and meet statutory guidelines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification level: Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- How this training will take place: Day release from employer to complete training on site at City Gateway.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent training & career progression. It is our intention to offer you a permanent role is our team at the end of your studies.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths GCSE or Maths Functional Skills L2 (Grade Pass grade - 4 or C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW PARK NURSERY CO LTD
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.