Excellent opportunity to work for a well-established high end salon in Shrewsbury. You will work as an apprentice stylist, learning everything you need to have a long and successful hairdressing career in this fast paced Industry.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Sep 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Assist with reception duties
· Ensuring a high standard of Client Care
· Shampoo and Conditioning clients in preparation for further services
· Observing / shadowing more senior stylists/technicians in cutting, colouring, perming, styling, consultation and Hair-up. Once skills have been evaluated and demonstrated at training, we will support you to build up model database to practise and grow your own clientele.
· One-to-one training to develop skills learnt during observations and client bookings.
· Maintain good housekeeping throughout the salon on a daily basis
· Assist in the replenishment of stock
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will gain the skills, knowledge and comprehension to achieve the Level 2 Hair Professional Standard;
Hair professional / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
If you have not already gained GCSE Maths and English at C or 4 and above, we will support you to achieve the Functional Skills equivalent during your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will become an established fully qualified Hairdresser within the Salon who we will support to build a regular clientele database.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHREWSBURY COLLEGES GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.