Level 2 - Nursery Assistant Apprentice - Early Years Chandlings Prep School
To work with and support the EYFS staff at Chandlings Prep School to promote the highest standards of teaching, learning and pastoral care. You'll be keen to develop your early years skills in a well-resourced and supportive environment with co-operative and highly-motivated staff and children. An excellent start to your childcare career!
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
£13,000K pa depending on age/experience and this would increase on successful completion of the training. This is the full salary for the TTO hours worked (Not Pro Rata)
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Jan 2023
02 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work with and support the EYFS staff at Chandlings Prep School to promote the highest standards of teaching, learning and pastoral care
- To foster interest and enthusiasm for learning amongst the children as well as encouraging a general spirit of intellectual enquiry
- Arrive at 7.45am to help set up an inspiring and engaging learning environment promoting interest and curiosity
- To become fully aware of and to implement the School’s policy on Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- To learn to know the children in EYFS
- To assist in promotion of the development and progress in the social, academic and co-curricular spheres of all the children in your care
- To assist with co-curricular clubs where necessary
- To attend Parents’ Evenings and Open Days
- To attend a weekly 7.30am meeting
- To work until 5.30pm two days each week
- To attend meetings, curriculum sessions, INSET days and other such meetings as may be necessary for Nursery teaching, pastoral or other duties
- To work in cooperation with colleagues to promote the high standards of behaviour and concern for others
- To liaise with colleagues over all matters relating to children’s progress and wellbeing as appropriate
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with children, staff and parents
- To be aware of the need for professional development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualifications included:
Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required) at Abingdon or Witney campus
Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner delivered in the workplace by assessor/tutor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position for the right candidate will be offered after successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
01235 216 216
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.