Property Maintenance Apprenticeship (Multi Trade) BELL DECORATING GROUP LIMITED
Opportunity for an apprenticeship with Bell UK, the larges decorating and property maintenance companies in the UK. Learn as you earn, your will be on site 4 days a week and college one day.
Closing date: today
£9,754.68 to £19,266.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Planning & carrying out maintenance tasks
- Carrying out Painting tasks
- Carrying out Tiling tasks
- Carrying out Plumbing tasks
- Carrying out Electrical testing & repairs
- Maintenance of Air Conditioning systems
- Carry of tests on fire & security systems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Property Maintenance Operative Level 2
- Level 2 Property Maintenance - Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Core Technical Competencies/Skills and Knowledge/ Understanding A Property Maintenance Operative will use their knowledge and understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating to;
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace • Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them • Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups • Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height • Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls • Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains • Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building • Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses. • Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment • Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices • Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering • Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry • Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock • Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance • Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces • Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance • Understand the importance of customer service • Record and report information accurately either internally or externally.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Employment at the end of the apprenticeship
- Progression through the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)