Apprentice General Assembler AMETEK AIRTECHNOLOGY GROUP LIMITED
As an Apprentice General Assembler you will learn to complete mechanical/electrical assembly work to technical drawings and CMM output. Visit our vacancies page for video and more info on Ametek at https://sigta.co.uk/apprentice-vacancies/
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
£250 per week minimum - £13,000 to £15,600 PA to start with incremental increases
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
26 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this wide-ranging apprenticeship you will learn:
- Mechanical assembly work to drawing and/or Coordinate Measuring machine output (CMM).
- Electro/mechanical work, fan/motors and or heaters to drawing and/or CMMs.
- Use basic hand tools and measuring equipment. For example torque drivers, crimping tools, micrometers and verniers
- Soldering of small components
- Carry out, where appropriate, mechanical and electrical tests as defined in the process control documents. For example: Flash, resistance and inductance
- Complete all relevant documentation.
- Provide any information or help required to customers, suppliers and visitors from other companies within our group of companies who often tour the factory floors, and may well take the opportunity to examine parts, talk to staff or watch them carry out their work. Therefore, the ideal candidate should be able to communicate at all levels.
- Participate in any Continuous Improvement and 5S activities that affects the quality or output of the product.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Fitter L3 Apprenticeship Standard - This will include on-site training at Ametek and day release attendance at college.
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved the following qualification;
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualification and successful completion of final end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a fully trained and qualified General Assembler with Ametek.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English (Grade 4/5 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science, ICT (Grade 4/5) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.