Facilities and Maintenance Apprentice ILFRACOMBE TOWN COUNCIL
The role of a Facilities & Maintenance Apprentice is to train with the team in the optimisation of property owned by the council. The successful candidate will; - Maintain a high level of quality. - Provide maximum satisfaction to customers & clients. - Ensure prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide support to the Facilities and Maintenance team with the schedule of property management, maintenance and repairs, whilst supervised by various members of the wider Ilfracombe Town Council Team.
- The main role will be to liaise with the Facilities and Maintenance manager over priorities of tasks and assist the maintenance team whenever required, ensuring the care and upkeep and appearance of buildings, property and facilities and to assist with grounds maintenance and street hygiene.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will undertake the Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
- The successful candidate will based at the Barnstape campus & Brannams campus.
- The successful candidate will be required to attend the College one day a week. This will be discussed on appointment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To attain the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) qualification.
- To work either within the council as a Facilities and Maintenance Operative or similar role with the organisation.
- A supervisory role, leading an operational team to deliver a range of services that meet customer requirements.
- It is hoped that on completion of the apprenticeship that the successful candidate will be taken on by the council in a facilities and maintenance operative role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 1) Desired
Other Health & Safety at work (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
07794 692 079
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.