Teaching Assistant Apprentice King Edwin Primary and Nursery School
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. We are all part of a close school community committed to ensuring that King Edwin is a caring and inclusive school where children develop a love of learning which will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Making displays
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position at King Edwin.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)