• Serving Customers • Dispensing medicine • Processing NHS Prescriptions • Answering the phone • Using a PC and pharmacy software • Putting stock away • Cleaning and date checking stock • Housekeeping duties
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
Annual Attendance Bonus
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
31 Aug 2022
28 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include:
- Provide a high standard of customer service, to attract and retain customers.
- Carry out dispensing duties under the supervision of the Pharmacist manager
- Receive and check in prescriptions, ensuring details are legible and complete and collecting appropriate levy or verifying exemption.
- To promote products and services, in order to maximise branch sales
- Refer customers on to other healthcare professionals, including the pharmacist, following the Standard Operating Procedure for Sign-Posting
- Receive incoming stock and store it correctly, completing documentation, minimising damage and effectively rotating stock to minimise expired stock, notifying suppliers of any discrepancies
- Carry out good housekeeping procedures regularly and effectively, including duties on any cleaning rota
- Perform cashing up and banking duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Assistant apprenticeship
Functional Skills maths and English Level 1 and/or Level 2, as appropriate
Training will take place at the workplace - no need to travel to a college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Continued employment with the company after training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Apprenticeship Onboarding Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.