Horticulture and Landscape Apprenticeship PETER ASHLEY LTD
We are looking for a highly motivated Grounds Maintenance Apprentice who can work with our Heywood team to deliver an exceptional quality of work. This is an exciting opportunity to join the passionate and friendly team to learn a wide range of horticulture and landscaping skills.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Grass cutting around site using pedestrian mowers (ride on mower when trained).
- Use of strimmers on mown areas and cutting rough areas.
- Use of short and long arm hedge cutters.
- Planting and maintaining Summer and Winter bedding plant schemes.
- Hoeing of borders.
- Leaf fall collection.
- Tree and shrub pruning (using hand tools).
- Helping with small tarmac repairs around site.
- Watering of bedding plant schemes.
- Minor building repairs / painting work.
- Weed control (by hand / hoe and chemical application when the relevant qualification is obtained).
- Maintenance of wild and wildflower areas.
- Maintenance of the sites drains (following inductions and suitable length training).
- Daily litter picking around site.
- Bin emptying around site.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
- On the job training and assessment, with regular training sessions in Oldham at Alexandra Park.
- Emergency first aid.
- English and maths level 1 functional skills.
- Pesticides Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is anticipated that there will be a full-time position available for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9*-3/A-D) Desired
About the employer
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
0161 785 4072
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.