This role will involve working as part of a small team within a local community pharmacy. The nature of the business provides many opportunities to learn and develop new skills and to become a key member of our pharmacy team. The apprenticeship will provide both practical as well as theoretical learning to form the best possible outcome.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2022
Bonuses are achievable dependent upon individual and business performance annually.
Total hours per week: 24
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This vacancy will involve:
- Dealing with over-the-counter sales, queries and consultations
- Answering the phone to patients and dealing with their queries
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals such as nurses, doctors and dentists
- Medicine dispensing, including labelling, picking and assembling patient medication
- Learning and managing daily dose systems for patients who require support.
The apprentice will always be with an experienced pharmacist who will support them through the apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 1 and/or Level 2, as appropriate
- Training will take place at the workplace - no need to travel to a college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There will be potential opportunities to continue as a valued member of our pharmacy team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Prince of Wales Pharmacy
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Apprenticeship Onboarding Team
0115 937 4936
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.