Assisting our stylists shampooing, conditioning, making drinks for the clients and helping with general day to day duties. Gaining the knowledge throughout your course you will be able to practice your hairdressing skills within the salon.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Demonstrates professionalism by maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Researches fashion forward trends, using the results to create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyle looks that reflects their own individuality
- Analyses the factors that influence the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks, including the target audience
designs a range of looks to create a fashion forward collection of hairstyle looks
- Maintains effective and safe methods of working
- Carries out precision and personalised cutting tailored to individual client characteristics
- Formulates imaginative creative advanced colour conversion services to change the depth and tone of the hair
uses a range of creative finishing and dressing techniques, advanced creative colouring techniques to enhance the collection of hairstyle looks
- Presents, showcases and promotes their skills though their collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms
- Provides a smoothing strengthening service to clients
carries out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the hair
uses and applies the products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy
- Evaluates the results of the service to improve further practice
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Level 2 Standard in Hairdressing. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 1 Functional Skill in the relevant subjects.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful Apprenticeship completion, future progression with salon.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
YASMIN ESPARON HAIR LIMITED
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 2 (GCSE)