We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and organised individual. Working at The Old Glasshouse Café and Delicatessen, set within an award-winning Garden Centre, you will work alongside the chefs assisting with food preparation, maintenance, logistics, safety and sanitation.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Monitors kitchen equipment and reports issues to superiors
- Continually develops culinary knowledge to produce high-quality meals
- Measures, mixes, and prepares meal ingredients, sauces, and seasonings
- Washes, chops, and cuts fruit, meat, and vegetable items
- Assesses inventory and requests resupply when necessary
- Plates meal items under chef supervision
- Disposes of spoiled items and adheres to sanitation policies
- Supports the team in general duties
- Complies with food hygiene and health and safety standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the successful applicant will achieve the level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity to gain full-time employment for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.