Small Business Broker Apprentice MPM INSURANCE SERVICES LTD
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to join our Commercial Small Business Team. Working within a busy office environment, training will be provided to cover all aspects of Insurance and Claims Administration.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
28 Aug 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A full training programme will be provided by KGJ Group and this will ensure minimum standards of training and competency are achieved in all relevant activities within the job role.
Your Small Business Team colleagues will provide training and guidance on the day to day tasks including procedures, insurance knowledge and IT skills, we will also ensure you receive coaching on letter writing, time management, how to write professional emails and answering the telephone.
Its important to us that your mentors provide you with the abilities to help you integrate into our Small Business Team and our way of working, this will help you gain the skills, behaviours and confidence needed to progress in the Small Business Team.
Duties will include:
- Post collection
- Insurance administrative support
- Adhere to the principles/standards as set out in the Group Procedures Manual
- Maintain a professional image of self and the Group to all customers and insurers
- Ensure that all outgoing mail is collected and correctly franked
- Ensure that all customers files are correctly filed, maintained and kept tidy at all times
- Ensure all Small Business Team diary work is given to the appropriate team member
- Sort Small Business Team post and allocate accordingly
- Provide admin support to the Small Business Team
- Completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure that all compliance responsibilities are recorded and reported as required.
- Maintain own training records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
Our Insurance Practitioner Level 3 standard programme consists of the following:
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
- End-point Assessment conducted by an external provider (Portfolio, project and panel interview)
The End-Point Assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level. It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the Apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the Apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity for a full-time position on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
MPM INSURANCE SERVICES LTD
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)