This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain qualifications in mechanical engineering to BTEC level 3, alongside the modern apprenticeship framework, and deliver a College design project, whilst earning. During your Apprenticeship, you will be encouraged to further develop your skillset.
Closing date: 17 Aug 2022
Pay will increase in year 2, 3 and 4 depending on age.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Produce pipe runs for various Distribution equipment to required BH build standards using schematic drawings and General assembly drawings/procedures.
- Test, calibrate, set up Pressure gauges and pressure relief valves.
- Provide feedback for prototype builds and recommend improvements.
- You will follow all established manufacturing procedures and processes to ensure Quality through consistent, reliable, repeatable work processing.
- Work from engineering drawings, following formal procedures, ensuring quality product for our customers.
- Learn to fault find erroneous product down to module / sub-assembly level.
- Become competent in the use of Test Equipment(s) including, but not limited to, Pressure sensors, and a range of simulators, leading to the ability to set up and test Product Systems.
- Become competent in Pressure System Testing, plus Hydraulic System Flushing.
- Become competent in the use of Business IT/OT systems, including HSE suite, Team Centre (engineering Documentation and software) , Oracle ERP, Documentum (Document storage) etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Fitter Level 3 standard.
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both Maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both Numeracy and Literacy. This will include sitting an exam.
- College attendance Monday, Tuesday Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Oppourtunity to progress and develop skills within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.