The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving. The role of a welder is responsible for welding lighting columns as per production drawings and works orders with strict adherence to quality standard.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
£5.77/hour as a minimum rising to NMW for age plus £0.50 for year two
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving.
- The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers.
- With a focus on adding value, the role of a welder is responsible for welding lighting columns as per production drawings and works orders with strict adherence to quality standard, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
- The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
- The welder is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude.
- The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Standard in ARC welding
External structured learning via the training provider – Level 2
In house, on the job training in all of the systems, procedures and processes
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To grow with the business, our aim is to successfully train and develop an applicant in all areas of the welding systems, the procedures and the processes which can be utilised in a organisation.
- The aim is to progress over time.
- This role will be permanent after the 18-month Welding role, subject to KPI’s and performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.