Level 2 Nursery Assistant Apprentice PLYMPTON ST MAURICE CHILDCARE CENTRE
If you are a caring individual then we want you to apply and support the team at St Maurice Childcare Centre to deliver an exceptional standard of childcare and education. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to kickstart their career; you will receive support and training as you work towards achieving a Level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include, but may not be limited to:
Support for Children
- Supervise and support children ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Contribute to learning journeys through observations
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities
- Assist with supervision of children out of session times including before and after sessions, and at lunchtimes
Support the Staff Team
- Prepare the nursery as directed for sessions and clear afterwards and assist with display of pupils work
- Be aware of children’s progress/achievements/problems and report to other staff members as agreed
- Support the staff team in managing children's behaviour, reporting any difficulties as appropriate
- Gather and report information from/to parents/carers as directed
Support the Nursery
- Be aware of and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person
- Ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and have taken the test for level 2 before completion of the apprenticeship
Apprentices must spend 6 hours a week on off the job training. This can be flexible and doesn’t have to mean 1 day out of the workplace every week; you can agree a suitable training schedule with the organisation and the tutor. The training can be delivered using weekly classroom sessions here at Achievement Training in the city centre of Plymouth or delivered remotely by the tutor using Google classroom.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As an experienced nursery worker, you could specialise in working with children who have difficulties with learning, physical disabilities, or need support with their mental health.
You could take a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification to progress to room leader, senior nursery worker or centre manager.
You could also study towards a higher education qualification in early years or child development. You could then move into management or early years teaching.
You can find more information on future careers by visiting the National Careers Service on:
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)