Maintain and support the ICT needs of the staff, students and visitors of the school, as well as assisting the network manager in the planning, development and deployment of new and replacement resources.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
06 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Support, advise and train staff, students and visitors in the use of ICT resources
• Install/commission new hardware/software as directed by the Network Manager
• Network support (e.g. Administer user accounts/printers/quotas/backups/file restoration)
• Monitor, investigate and repair where possible, ICT hardware & software
• Provide technical support through a range of communication channels
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
How training is delivered:
• As with all Apprenticeships, most of the
training will be with the employer
• The apprentice will attend College one day
a week for 18 months of their
Apprenticeship. This is at Bournemouth and Poole College. Lansdowne campus.
• Day release is 9:00am – 4:30pm
(subject to confirmation)
Upon completion of apprenticeship you will get a full advanced apprenticeship qualification.
The final, end point assessment is completed
in the last few months of the Apprenticeship.
It is based on:
• A portfolio – produced towards the end of
the Apprenticeship, containing evidence
from real work projects which have been
completed during the Apprenticeship.
• An employer reference - as to the
apprentice’s suitability and
preparedness to go through the final
• Project report with questioning
• Professional discussion underpinned by
• An independent assessor will assess each
element of the end point assessment
and will then decide whether to award
successful apprentices with a pass, a
merit or a distinction.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Prospect of permanent position and progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
AS Level or equivalent Flexible with subjects (Grade (Grade A-D) essential) Essential
About the employer
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.