Are you are passionate about working with children and would you like to help children learn and develop the essential skills needed in life? Then this could be a great apprenticeship opportunity for you! Provide a safe, home from home experience for children aged 4-to-11 after and before school.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 28
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key daily activities/tasks:
- Keep Children & Staff safe by ensuring that the setting is kept secured at all times & follow Company Security Statement
- Keep Children safe by ensuring knowledge of Company Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
- Organise, plan and supervise play and activities for children and young people aged 4 to 11, or specialise with one group at times, all at their level
- Enable children to experiment and learn about themselves and the world around them
- Arrange and participate in, team games, sports, drama, music and other entertainments, supervise art and craft activities, and in were appropriate, take children on day trips and outings
- Supervise the children at all times, and make sure that safety procedures are followed, encouraging good behaviour and dealing with challenging behaviour appropriately
- Offer a range of positive activities for the children, become involved, enthusiastic
- Help the manager and colleagues to ensure that a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities are offered, provide inspiration, and facilitate play and development of skills
- Ensure that play meets the full range of children's individual and group needs
- Ensure your full focus is on the children at all times and not on domestic or other such tasks before 1750
- Greet parents and introduce yourself, offer help at all times where parents are unattended
- Ensure the play areas are safe from hazards, keep walkways clear and trip free
- Promote hand washing, and ensure it is carried out, when necessary
- Always offer support to manager and colleagues if free
- Ensure correct equipment is carried when on collections
- Help keep a calmer and more positive environment for the children by your own actions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- Paediatric First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There could be further progression and training for the right apprentice
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.