Apprentice Early Years Assistant BERWICK HILLS PRIMARY SCHOOL
To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children and to ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others. The successful candidate will develop partnerships with parents/carers to help increase involvement in their child’s development.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Room Leader/EYFS Lead and will be expected to complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play-based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to school policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, and risk assessments.
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional Skills maths & English, if required.
- Paediatric first aid qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.