L3 ICT Support Technician Apprentice – Rowlinson Group Limited - CW5 6BN ROWLINSON GROUP LIMITED
You will be part of a small team, reporting to the IT Services Manager, providing support to users and assisting in the running and development of the IT infrastructure. You will be based in our Wardle office supporting local and remote users, located at home or at one of the company sites in the UK.
Closing date: 17 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35.5
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a full-time post, working Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:00, Friday 08:30 to 16:00 in the IT Department. One day of the week will be allocated to apprenticeship training and additional training will be provided as appropriate during the week.
There may be occasions where you are required to work outside these times to meet the requirements of the Group.
- Provide first line support to our users, ensuring issues are logged. Issues are then resolved or escalated to second line support or a third party.
- You will work on a range of projects including upgrading, installing, configuring or decommissioning infrastructure technology.
- A full driving license and own transport is recommended due to the location of the site. Accessing infrastructure equipment may require you to work at height.
The apprentice will gain exposure to the following systems at Rowlinson:
- Mobile phones,
- Networking equipment &
- Rack-mounted server hardware.
- Microsoft Office,
- FreshService Ticket System,
- Cloud-based telephone system,
- Windows desktop,
- Windows server,
- Sage X3,
- Exchange on-line,
- MS SQL &
- Bespoke software (written in-house by our full-stack development team).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Programme: L3 ICT Support Technician
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role can potentially lead to a full-time job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.