Apprentice Technical Sales Engineer TORUS MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS LIMITED
You will work closely with the Existing Sales and Engineering Teams to develop a full understanding of the range of Measurement and Inspection equipment Manufactured by Torus Measurement Systems, which in turn will enable you to provide technical support to both Customers and Internal Departments in support of the Sales function.
Closing date: 11 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
20 Jul 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What you will do in your working day
- Provide Technical explanations to customers, promoting how products can solve specific problems, representing the technical aspects of the product and propose how these aspects can benefit the customer. You will develop a strong technical understanding of the complexities of the Torus product range to enable you to eventually promote products independently to Customers.
- You will be expected to process orders on a day to day basis following the Procedures and policies in place to ensure continuity of information and supply to customers and internal departments is maintained to the highest level. You will support in all aspects of the sales function as you progress in your apprenticeship.
- Advising customers on application of Products and services.
- Applying technical skills to demonstrate equipment to potential customers, promoting the product or service and how it may suit the customer better than competing products.
- Liaising with customers to determine technical requirements and specifications.
- Trial Customer Components within Torus systems to ensure that the Customers technical requirements can be met.
- Collaborate with the design, production, engineering, or research and development departments of the company to determine how products and services fit the Customers requirements.
- Generate Technical reports.
- Create Technical Specifications
- Create Marketing material content
- Generate Quotations.
- Process customer orders.
- Process customer order acknowledgements.
- Travel to customer sites both in the UK and Abroad.
The training you will be getting
For the Level 4 HNC Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, it is compulsory that learners attend training centre to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment & Systems
- Wiring & Testing Electrical Equipment & Circuits
For the Level 4 Diploma in Engineering Manufacture learners have the following subjects to select specific units from subject to their individual requirements, qualification requirements and correlation to their job role:
- New Product Development
- Engineering & Manufacture
- Council for Administration – Leadership & Team Skills
- Business Improvement Techniques
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential for a permanent position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Engineering manufacturing technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.