You will gain an understanding of print and finishing whilst also learning how to maintain equipment. You will learn through a combination of on the job training as well as attending college for both a block and day release. You will also be allocated a mentor who will help you to achieve the full apprenticeship.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2022
Overall yearly pay has the potential to be more subject to performance reviews after 6 months
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
19 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Throughout your apprenticeship the key learning areas that you will be working towards include;
- Maintain Health and Safety within a print related work environment
- Communicating and working with others in the print working environment
- Knowledge of the organisations printing processes and related information
- Keep equipment clean and in working order
- Operate flexo printing machines
- Assist in all areas within the manufacturing of Labels to ensure a broader understanding of the business
- Promote and maintain Health and Safety in a print related environment
- Contribute to improving the effectiveness of the print organisation
Plan work to meet production requirements
- A greater understanding of the print industry
- Control the use of variable data with printing machines
- To gain a better understanding of the mechanical running’s of the machine
- To provide improvement ideas for the site in all aspects
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues
- Understand SOPs and suggest improvements where applicable
- Report all H&S issues in keeping with company procedure.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Apprenticeship Standard for Print Operative
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Where required)
- One day per month study offsite workplace with Learn2print
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We cannot guarantee permanent employment upon completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (or equivalent) (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Other Driving License (Grade Working Towards or Gained) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.