Sports Centre Receptionist Apprentice Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
The post holder will occupy a crucial position as the initial point of contact between the general public and the Sports Centre, and will be required to work in a busy environment where speed of operation and flexibility is essential.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
19 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide an efficient and welcoming reception service
- Receive incoming calls and redirect them speedily to the appropriate extension; to place outgoing calls as re quested by sports centre and college staff
- Liaise with other Receptionists, Duty Managers, students, internal College staff and the general public
- Provide literature to visitors, students and staff. This will include some responsibility for handling cash which must comply with the College's Financial Regulations
- Be conversant with all areas of work and procedures in the sports centre
- The Sports Centre serves the public, industry, commerce and the community and the Receptionist is required to deal with all customer efficiently, politely and cheerfully, and to liaise effectively with colleagues in the Reception service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
- Study day - one day per week at Newcastle College (ST5 2GB)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4 and above) Essential
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.