Wind and Solar Renewables Engineering Maintenance Technician Apprentice SPECTRUM WIND SERVICES LTD
Are you looking for an opportunity to start an engineering career with a progressive company at the forefront of wind turbine technology? This role will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders within the maintenance sector of this industry. You will need to have drive and ambition to join the team and a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
The starting hourly rate for this role is £6 per hour, there is the opportunity to increase this to £7 based on performance.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
25 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Apprentice Renewables Technician you will provide support to the operation and maintenance of Spectrums wind turbine fleet and its solar Operations.
Your duties will include:
- Working at height in confined and open spaces
- Performing routine scheduled maintenance on wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Responding to breakdowns and carrying out unscheduled maintenance
- Conduct fault finding and report writing
- Adhering to the requirements of the wind turbine safety rules, relevant health and safety executive rules and legislation and safe working practices
- Carrying out manual handling of photovoltaic solar panels, cables, tooling and electrical components
- Carrying out manual handling of wind turbine parts such as lubricants, greases and tooling
- Having a good degree of flexibility in order to meet the needs of the role and company
- Working in a close-knit team but building confidence and competence to make decisions
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes:
- Dip in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering - Mechatronics Maintenance Tech (Development Competence)
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) BTEC Diploma
This programme is delivered via a day release model which means that during term time, you are expected to attend one day per week at our engineering innovation centre to further your knowledge and skill.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of this level 3 apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to undertake and HNC/HND qualification.
Spectrum are committed to supporting the development of their employees and there will be opportunities for progression within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)