Information Communications Support Technician Apprentice MILSTED LANGDON LLP
This apprenticeship will provide you with all the training you need for a successful career in ICT, enabling you to provide both hardware and software technical support to a wide range of users. You will also have the opportunity to work on some interesting IT projects.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
22 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in receiving and logging internal IT support requests via phone, email and in person.
- Provide technical support with hardware and software systems.
- Escalation of support requests to other team members if you are unable to resolve the issue.
- Proactively identify potential problems and suggest resolutions where possible.
- Troubleshooting and rebuilding computers.
- Review active helpdesk calls within the department, keeping staff updated and resolve where possible.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the job role.
- Assist with IT projects.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Information Communications Technician:
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (If required, exemptions apply)
1 day / week release for training at Taunton Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A broad introduction to IT and a great opportunity for the right person. This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.