Do you have a keen interest in things mechanical and prefer to be 'hands-on'? Perhaps you like working on things such as motocycles or cars but don't relish spending 8 hours a day for the rest of your like working in exactly the same environment? If so, why not consider an apprenticeship with the Impact Group for a long term career.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work alongside a service engineer mentor learning all aspects of the servicing and repair of materials handling equipment.
• To attend F-TEC for approximately 5 weeks per year, ensuring that your behaviour at all times presents a good image of Impact Handling
• To complete all F-TEC course work on a timely basis.
• To attend any in house training courses that may be arranged and complete any work that arises from this in a timely manner.
• To adhere to the company dress code whilst at work, attending training courses and college.
• To ensure that you wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) e.g. Safety Footwear, Safety Glasses/Eye Protectors etc. as required by Company Procedures.
• To complete all company documentation e.g. Daily Timesheets, Service and Job Sheets on a timely basis.
• To adhere to all company guidelines, Health & Safety and Quality procedures, working safely at all times.
• To carry out all service work as requested by the Company, this will initially be carried out in the Depot Workshop facility but may include working on customer’s premises, under supervision, as your apprenticeship progresses.
• Ensure that your work area is kept clean and tidy and that any Company facility, including canteen and toilets are used responsibly.
• To look after and use responsibly any Company assets such as Machinery, tools, etc.
• To perform any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
To undertake training in the form of an apprenticeship leading to a recognised qualification in the industry. This training will include attending F-TEC Training Centre for 5 weeks a year and in-house training courses /manufacturer courses. You will also be 'hands-on' within the local workshop / site gaining knowledge and experience in all the functions listed under the key responsibilities section.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
More than a job, a career with a leading group in a key industry. There are opportunities for advanced training in some of the very latest technologies, wider career opportunities exist for the right people with the right attitude and approach. Our package and benefits on offer are competitive and become enhanced as you progress through your training and development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Desired
About the employer
F-TEC FORKLIFT TRAINING ENGINEERING CENTRE LTD
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)