IT Technical Support ( Apprenticeship ) MOOR HOUSE SCHOOL & COLLEGE
A Vacancy exists for an Apprentice IT Technical Support to join the School for up to 20 months to learn IT support skills and knowledge to achieve the IT solutions apprenticeship at Level 3.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
20 Jul 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. To undertake routine maintenance tasks (for example cleaning of projectors, replenishment of printer paper / cartridges etc.).
2. To provide technical advice, support and assistance to network users (staff and students) to enable them to make full use of resources, services and facilities
3. To provide first-line fault diagnosis and repair of faulty hardware (where appropriate)
4. To ensure a high level of customer care at all times.
5. Assist in administration of the school’s Website
6. To support other team members in documenting work completed and maintaining records
7. To unpack, install, inspect and configure new IT equipment
8. To assist with the re-imaging of computers
9. To set up laptops for meetings, assemblies and other school functions
10. To work under the direction of ICT curriculum staff in the classroom on occasions (for example if showcasing a particular piece of software)
11. To demonstrate hardware to staff and students and support the IT training programme for staff
12. To research methods of problem-solving and source items for purchase when directed
13. To adopt and work within School policies and procedures
14. To identify and report any potential data protection issues to the nominated member of staff.
15. To complete any other reasonable tasks, as directed by the IT Manager or a member of the Senior Management Team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standard at Level 3 (A Level)
Functional skills in Math and English at level 2 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Prrogression to a full time IT technician with further training to acquire additional skills and knowledge.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
ASSOCIATED NEIGHBOUR TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.