Horticulture Landscape Operative Apprenticeship BOTANIC GARDENER LTD
This is an Apprenticeship position for gardening & ground maintenance duties. Main Duties & responsibilities, weeding, forking, hoeing, mulching & fertilising. Undertake the seasonal planting of trees, shrubs & bedding plants. Undertake informative pruning and management of low level trees & shrubs. Various Horticultural and Environmental Projects
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
£9,004.32 to £17,784.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
21 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Grass cutting and mowing to all forms of grass and lawn areas
- Flower beds and shrubberies, tree surgery, hedge cutting
- Grounds Maintenance, Line marking, Nature Conservation
- Weed Control, Gritting and snow clearance
- Maintenance and inspections and much more
- We work with a range of outside spaces to ensure that they are properly maintained and fulfil their role for visitors and customers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Horticulture Operative
- College one day a week at nearest Campus to where you live
- Functional Skills Maths and English to Level 2 if you do not already have the qualification
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 award in the safe use of pesticides
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Each Apprentice will be given the opportunity to grow within the business, our vision is to grow our own qualified staff, and the apprenticeship scheme is one method of achieving this goal. During the apprenticeship scheme, the apprentice will work with a qualified member of staff and be provided the support and guidance to progress within the Company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CAPEL MANOR COLLEGE
Capel Manor College
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.