Production Chef Apprentice at Mowgli Street Food - Leeds MOWGLI STREET FOOD LIMITED
Mowgli Street Food, one of the UK's top employers for 2021, is looking for a Line Chef to join the family! Mowgli was founded by celebrity chef Nisha Katona. Mowgli started in the family home and we want you to feel right at home with us too! If you are keen to learn the ins and outs of what it takes to be a chef then please APPLY TODAY!!
Closing date: 04 Sep 2022
£7,503.60 to £14,820.00
£8.50 to start £9.50 halfway through apprenticeship (6 months) £10.20 or equivalent once the apprenticeship is completed
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
19 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work in all sections of our kitchen as part of the Mowgli Kitchen team
- Prepare, cook, and present food quickly and efficiently, meeting our Mowgli standards
- Assist all Kitchen Management in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic, and tidy, at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and report any maintenance issues to the manager
- Complete all appropriate company documentation and key tasks, on every shift including compliance training
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the FOH and Kitchen management team
In a Line Chef, we are looking for:
- A keen attitude to assist the kitchen management team in keeping a clean, hygienic and tidy workspace at all times.
- Excitement to work with fresh ingredients and gain a great knowledge of Mowgli recipes and products once fully trained
- A passion for wanting to be involved and contribute at team meetings and execute tasks given by the FOH and Kitchen management team.
- And finally a huge appetite for progression!
We offer careers, not just jobs and have clear progression plans outlined in our Mowgli Career Tree. We have Head Chefs who started with us as KPs and now run their own kitchen in some of the best cities in the UK!
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards the Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
All of your training will be completed within the workplace. You will have a monthly visit with your trainer and spend 2-3 hours with them.
You will have the opportunity to work towards your Functional Skills in Maths and English if you do not have the GCSEs or equivalent
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a natural progression route would be a senior Production Chef apprenticeship or Chef De Partie depending on the job role.
Career development to kitchen management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PERFORMANCE LEARNING GROUP LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.