Switch2 is the market leader in the provision of bespoke energy metering, monitoring, billing services to high energy users such as hospitals, apartments, commercial properties, industrial sites. Our client portfolio contains local authorities, universities, factories, housing associations, private landlords and utility energy suppliers.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
14 Sep 2022
18 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working with the domestic services engineer you will be carrying out, planned and reactive works on HVAC system within domestic properties and building sites.
To shadow and receive on site practical training / experience from a qualified Switch2 Service Engineer. An detailed job description of a Service Engineer’s role is outlined below.
- Attending domestic and commercial properties to perform planned and preventative maintenance.
- Performing and assisting on reactive maintenance.
- Commissioning and verification of new and existing metering systems/installations.
- Small scale installation of metering equipment/systems (electrical and mechanical).
- Carrying out fault diagnosis and effective repairs within properties.
- Supplying reports of outstanding and completed to the office via the field job management system.
- Availability to travel, including occasional overnight stays.
- Training and informing the occupier/homeowner on the operation of the equipment installed within their dwelling and setting equipment/systems up to the customer’s specific requirements were applicable.
- Always Maintaining a smart appearance and a pleasing disposition.
- Response service fault diagnosis, repair and renewal works.
- Planned preventative maintenance works.
- Planned on site new installation product commissioning works.
- Working Health & Safety Practice.
Attend a structured college course designed around the industry
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be 4 days per week with employer and 1 day per week at Choice Training Limited, Dagenham Essex, term time only
- The following qualification will be received at the end of the apprenticeship
- Level 2 Building Engineering Installer Qualification
- Working in and around the South East London Region
- full driving licence desirable but not essential
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a fully trained service engineer with the potential to earn £50,000 upwards
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade A-D (5-9)) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C (4-9)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CHOICE TRAINING LTD.
Building services engineering installer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.